Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of frequently asked questions by travelers that may help you prepare for your next border crossing.

What are the fares for crossing northbound using a tolled bridge?
  • Non-commercial autos/pickups: $30.00 MXN (additional $15.00 MXN per axle)
  • Commercial vehicles with two or three axles: $95.00 MXN
  • Commercial vehicles with 4 or 5 axles: $201.00 MXN
  • Commercial vehicles with 6 to 9 axles: $319.00 MXN
  • Commercial vehicles with 10 or more axles: additional $46.00 MXN per axle
  • Bus with two to four axles: $95.00 MXN
  • Motorcycle: $15.00 MXN
  • Pedestrians: $6.00 MXN
What are the fares for crossing southbound using a tolled bridge?
  • Non-commercial autos/pickups: $3.00 dollars (extra axles $1.50 dollars)
  • Commercial two-axle vehicles: $8.00 dollars (extra axle $4.00 dollars)
  • Commercial vehicles: $4.00 dollars per axle
  • Bus or R.V.: $4.00 dollars per axle
  • Motorcycle: $3.00 dollars
  • Pedestrians: $0.50 dollars
What is the difference between Ready Lanes and the Dedicated Commuter Lane?

Ready Lanes require a RFID card such as the Passport Card, SENTRI card or enhanced driver’s license. SENTRI Lanes require the SENTRI card, which requires an application, background check and interview. SENTRI cards and other RFID cards are accepted in the Ready Lanes, but the SENTRI lane will only accept a SENTRI card. The SENTRI card is part of the Trusted Traveler Program. More information about the Trusted Traveler Program can be found here.

What document do I need to use the Ready Lanes?

Ready Lanes require a RFID card. Examples of this card include the United States (U.S.) Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License, Enhanced Tribal Card, Trusted Traveler Cards (SENTRI or FAST), the new Enhanced Permanent Resident Card or new Border Crossing Card.

Can I bring my pet with me when I travel?

Pet dogs and cats brought into the U.S. will be examined at the border crossing for evidence of any diseases that could be transmitted to humans. A valid rabies vaccination is required for all dogs. There are no current restrictions for other pets such as rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets and hamsters, so long as they appear to be in good health. Turtles are subject to restrictions. For additional information visit the Pets and Wildlife - General Information page of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.

Can I bring my relative to the U.S. to visit a sick/dying relative?My relative passed away, can I cross the border to go to the funeral?

Entry into the U.S. requires a valid passport and visa. A nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay will be sufficient for a short visit to an ailing relative or to attend a funeral. The application and interview process are outlined in the Visitor Visa page on the U.S. Department of State website.

What do I do if I lost my passport/visa?

If your travel document(s) were stolen, go to your local police station and file a report. Keep a copy of the report for your records. Report your lost or stolen passport to your local embassy or consular section for the country of your citizenship. They will have a procedure to replace the document. For additional information, visit the U.S. Visas page on the U.S. Department of State website.

I know of someone who will attempt to smuggle drugs, where do I report it?

If you know of a potential drug trafficking incident, contact your local Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) office or submit a DEA tip online. Local offices can be found here and online tips can be submitted here.