Personal Vehicle Crossings
Download Personal Vehicles Excel File
Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection, compiled by City of El Paso International Bridges Department.
Note: Click inside graphs to expand.
Note: Graphs depict a 6 period moving average. The most recent observation is December 2018. Please source appropriately if graphs or data are used. Additional data may be provided upon request.
- Total crossings include Standard, READY and Dedicated Commuter Lanes (DCL also known as SENTRI).
- Northbound personal vehicle crossings continue below pre-9-11 levels but have witnessed an upward trend since 2012.
- In 2018, total monthly average crossings are 1,089,500 (36,317 daily).
- Figure includes Standard, READY and DCL vehicles except at Bridge of the Americas (BOTA) where there is no DCL.
- BOTA experienced a substantial decrease of vehicle crossings from the mid-2000s to the end of the Great Recession.
- Ysleta-Zaragoza Bridge (Ysleta) is capturing more vehicle traffic (36% percent in 2018) as regional population expands east.
- Figure includes Standard and READY vehicles (no DCL at BOTA).
- In 2018, BOTA accounts for 39 percent of Standard and READY vehicles.
- Ysleta DCL is growing more rapidly than Stanton DCL.
- In 2018, Ysleta DCL monthly average crossings are 101,684 (3,389 daily).
- Stanton DCL 2018 monthly average crossings are 113,817 (3,794 daily).
Source: City of El Paso International Bridges Department.
Note: Graph depicts a 6 period moving average. The most recent observation is December 2018. Please source appropriately if graph or data are used. Additional data may be provided upon request.
- BOTA southbound crossings do not represent actual counts, rather, an estimate of personal vehicle crossings that assumes that northbound and southbound crossing volumes are equal.
- Most southbound vehicle traffic uses the BOTA (non-tolled) bridge. Volumes at Ysleta and Stanton remain steady over time.
- Ysleta 2018 monthly average is 221,915 (7,397 daily).
- In 2018, Stanton monthly average is 90,203 (3,007 daily).
Report last updated on 02/25/2019